Ok, so it's 3:24 AM. I can't sleep and I have the beginnings of a wicked hangover. This does not bode well for my Friday. I hope this week's wrap up is at least semi-coherent...
1. Prosecco definitely leads to hangovers. Do not let well intentioned friends convince you otherwise. Prosecco will give you the same mind numbing headache as half a bottle of champagne. How can something that tastes so good make you feel so bad? So much for that 9:30 Spin Class. Ugh.
2. It feels good to be writing again. We're off to a great start on our next project. I know a lot of you were wondering whether it was agent approved, and the answer is not yet. We did pitch a few of our ideas to Major Agent and she was going to choose the most marketable, but then this project sort of chose us. Anyways, she's on vacation for another week, so our current plan is to send her the first few chapters as soon as she gets back at her desk. We can't wait to see what she thinks!
3. I'm officially a Mac Girl. That's right, I ordered my very first MacBook and it should arrive next week. I feel really good about the decision, but let's just hope I can actually figure out how to use the damn thing. Really I just need it for writing and internet, nothing fancy, so let's hope the learning curve isn't too steep and I don't end up wanting to toss it out the window.
4. Writer's block makes me superstitious. We're feeling a little superstitious about the work-in-progress. It's flowing so beautifully and we still haven't told anyone what it's even about. And we have the most perfect title in the world. I'm absolutely horrible at keeping secrets, and this project is the only thing I can think about lately, so it's killing me that I can't really talk about it. Laura has me convinced that if I start blabbing we'll immediately get all blocked up. So...mums the word. For now anyways.
5. Regression is the new black. Laura and her crazy husband are hosting a beer pong tournament at her house tomorrow. We're schlepping the kids and our air mattress over to their house for the night and we're going to party college style. For the record, I suck at partying college style. I wasn't even good at partying college style when I was in college. I'm also spectacularly bad at beer pong. Laura is supposedly the reigning champ (her husband claims that he beat her...it's all very controversial), so I'm hoping that we somehow end up on the same team. The only problem about being on the same team is that we won't have anyone to drink the foul beer that's left in our cups when the other team scores. Gross.
6. StatCounter insanity has reached a whole new level. Some lucky individual found the blog by searching "get paid to write spanking sstories." And yes, they used a double s in stories. I hope they found what they were looking for.
Well, that wraps up yet another week for us. Have a fabulous weekend everyone!