1. We got some seriously amazing feedback on the WIP and got to know one of our writing friends a whole lot better. Have you guys ever spoken on the phone with one of your beta readers? I had the pleasure of doing that yesterday and it was pretty incredible. I'll admit, I was a little scared to talk on the phone with someone who I'd only interacted with via e-mail. Isn't it crazy how the internet has made phone calls so personal? Anyways, we ended up talking for almost an hour about her thoughts on our WIP, writing, publishing and life in general. We not only ended up with some fantastic edits for the WIP, we also have a new friend. Love that!
2. Major Agent is back in town, and is more major than ever. There's something so exciting about seeing an e-mail from her pop up in our inbox every day. We just feel really lucky to be working with someone who is so hands on and available to help us with our writing and our careers.
3. Our electricity is back on, our house didn't burn down and I'm only out $100. Now that, my friends, is a happy ending. All of your good vibes definitely worked. Thank you so much! Ooh, and I'm happy to see that ya'll (do you love that I'm channeling the Plot This girls? I'm hoping that if I start using y'all and lawsy in my posts that I'll make the cut for Southern Belle Bootcamp...) hate silverfish as much as I do. Spiders are gross, but silverfish really are the devil. Nothing gives me the heebie jeebies like those big ass bugs. Gross.
4. I'm having another baby! Well, for the night anyways. I'm on babysitting duty for Stacey, our artistic sister who hates all things literary but gives us Kindles, and 4-month-old Will is going to be chilling at our house for a couple of days.
This resulted in a classic sisterly conversation:
Lisa: So, what's Will schedule like?
Lisa: Yeah, you know, how often does he eat, what time does he nap?
Stacey: Well, he sleeps all night. So that's super easy for you.
Lisa: Great! What about during the day.
Stacey: Why don't you figure out his schedule and then tell me what works when I pick him up, ok?
Can you tell which one of us is the anal, bossy, annoying sister? Wait, don't answer that.
5. Google searches of the week include: Electrical fires and deep seats jumpsuits. I don't even know what a deep seat jumpsuit is, but I'm pretty excited people are finding our blog when they're looking for one.
Have a fabulous weekend everyone!