Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Top 6 Reasons Our Monday Was Made of Awesome

6. We won this supercool award from JennyMac our new bloggy friend. She is way cooler than we are and not only has entertaining posts she also makes a wicked cocktail. Oh, and in her own words, she "gives good blog." See, you like her already, don't you?

5. We won ANOTHER award from JessJordan. I know, we're so popular I can hardly stand it. I totally feel like we're sitting at the cool table in the cafeteria. Now if I could just get Laura to take that damn tiara off. (Ha! Jokes about Laura wearing her Homecoming Queen tiara at inappropriate times never get old. Right, Laur?) Jess and I have bonded over so many things, most recently this picture. You must go read her blog.

4. We lost the contest for our short story, BUT we did get nominated for best slasher short. Yeah, way to be a buzzkill Suzanne. Seriously though, everyone should go read the winning entries because they're pretty amazing and one was submitted by a proclaimed non-writer.

Update: This is our award! Hilarious. Nice work Suzanne.


3. Some guy named Gorilla Bananas stopped by and said he could get us Pacey's e-mail address and then disappeared. The sheer randomness of this pleases me on so many levels. Come back Bananas, come back!

2. Our writing friends are doing all kinds of amazing things. Full requests, sending super stellar revisions off to super stellar agents, editing books that are about to go on sub and polishing up sequels to books that are about to be HUGE best sellers. I can't believe how many amazing people we've met over the past year. It makes my heart happy. 

1. We have no idea how this happened (our best guess is the amazing Major Agent), but we got an ARC of HUSH,HUSH in the mail yesterday and I have to say, it's even prettier in person.


This book is going to be huge. HUGE. It's being touted as the next Twilight and Becca is one of the coolest people on the planet. We fully plan on bragging to anyone who will listen that she's our agent mate and friend the very second she hits the best seller list. 

If you haven't seen all of the buzz about the book I urge you to click here, here and here. I'm already 100 pages in and it's all kinds of awesome. I'm thinking we might need to hold a little contest once Laura and I have devoured the book to send this coveted ARC to one lucky reader. It's that good.

After a day like Monday, Tuesday is bound to be a train wreck. I'm already making the appropriate mental preparations.

19 comments:

Corey Schwartz said...

Wow! What a week. And you're right. I do like JennyMac already.

Christina Lee said...

oooh very excited to read that book. Tell us when you finish it..congrats on the awards- you deserve them- b/c you're SUPERSTARS!

confused homemaker said...

congrats on all your awards & the email tip.

Little Ms J said...

People don't typically blog happy on or about Mondays, so I'm a little jealous. I was trying to post my new blog about how I should never be a stripper, but Mr. J wouldn't give me back my laptop since he needed to use the web walkthrough to get through The Legends of Zelda. Angry, sunburnt, ex-stripper with nerdy husband and knotty bruises from kicking her own self with platform hooker heels? Not good.

You guys are filled with glitter. Hell, even stripper glitter which is surprisingly more glittery than regular glitter. No kidding. I'm excited for all your recognition and success!

Ok, I'm out. I have to go rub aloe on myself and find a cold compress.

Weronika Janczuk said...

Congratulations, and thank you for sharing these gems with us. :) You two are so good at this.

Cheers!

Kimberly Derting said...

I'm SOSOSO jealous that you have HUSH HUSH! Maybe you should start a little tour, sending it out to ALL of your readers (give everyone like a week to read it and pass it on to the next person)??? Oh, and would you look at that...I think I just signed up first!!! ;)

JESSJORDAN said...

Thanks for the shout out!

5. JennyMac sounds pretty cool to me. Will definitely check out her blog.

4. I just HAD TO HAD TO open the pic again when i saw the link. And yep. It was still awesomely funny.

3. What numerical countdown system are you using that gives you two number 3's? I knew you were from another planet ... But seriously, I'm still waiting for Pacey's email address, so I can send him a photo of me, crying off my drugstore mascara, as I clutch a Dawson's Creek DVD box set and a picture of Josh in his marve.

2. I can't believe how many amazing people I've met since I discovered this whole blogging thing. It really is writer's crack on here.

1. Okay, so I hated you just a little bit when I saw you got that ARC, especially since Becca reported that the finalized version is going to have a different version. Eeeee! You must do a contest! Scrap that, just give it to me!

lisa and laura said...

Jess - Hee! Just updated the post. Apparently even a stellar Monday can't improve my counting skills.

lisa and laura said...

Corey - Just read about your fab month! It's an exciting time for everyone!

Christina - Ooh, I'm about 150 pages in and it's SO good.

CH - No e-mail tip yet! Let's see if our Gorilla friend comes back.

LMJ - Umm...stripper sunburn!? Tell Mr. J. to fork over that computer. I want the full story. NOW.

Weronika - Thank you so much! See, you just keep making our week better and better!

Kimberly - I did a little happy dance when I opened the package last night. I had no idea it was coming! Best surprise EVER.

Jess - Maybe you can Kimberly can arm wrestle for the ARC?

Rebecca Knight said...

Stripper glitter: it glitters like the Sun, if the Sun were a stripper.

Hehehehe. That cracked me up, Miss J :P! I need the full story, too!

HUSH,HUSH has such amazing cover art! Plus, I have to support another Becca just on principle alone. Can't wait for it to come out :D!

XiXi said...

Lol, Gorilla Bananas.

You are popular! And awesome Mondays are good, because generally, Mondays suck.

Anonymous said...

That is awesome with the awards and meeting all kinds of people! I myself love meeting and sharing the love of writing/agent hunting/good news!

I know! That book is going to be great! I remember seeing the cover art revealed and it's just badass, plain and simple!

Elana Johnson said...

What a great start to your week. This is YOUR week! And I can't wait to read HUSH HUSH. The cover alone has me drooling. :)

Kelly H-Y said...

You're right ... a fabulous Monday! Congrats on the well-deserved awards! Hope your Tuesday goes just as fabulously!

JennyMac said...

I hope today was even better than yesterday! Love your post and thanks for the mention.

Danyelle L. said...

Congrats!

Awesome Monday for two awesome ladies. :D

Abby Annis said...

Wow! Awesome Monday! Been meaning to check out your blog for a while, but I'm a slacker. Glad I finally popped over. I'll be checking in. Yea! :D

Meg said...

I'm all worked up over this list and none of it even involves me. I am dying to read that book NOW. Congrats on the awards, ladies. From my brief intro to your site, I see why you deserve them (slasher included).

Shelli (srjohannes) said...

im jealous of your ARC :(

Don't call this a comeback

So it’s been a minute. Or 10. Or truthfully more like 2,102,400. At least we think that’s how many minutes there are in 3 years, but let...