6. We won this supercool award from JennyMac our new bloggy friend. She is way cooler than we are and not only has entertaining posts she also makes a wicked cocktail. Oh, and in her own words, she "gives good blog." See, you like her already, don't you?
5. We won ANOTHER award from JessJordan. I know, we're so popular I can hardly stand it. I totally feel like we're sitting at the cool table in the cafeteria. Now if I could just get Laura to take that damn tiara off. (Ha! Jokes about Laura wearing her Homecoming Queen tiara at inappropriate times never get old. Right, Laur?) Jess and I have bonded over so many things, most recently this picture. You must go read her blog.
4. We lost the contest for our short story, BUT we did get nominated for best slasher short. Yeah, way to be a buzzkill Suzanne. Seriously though, everyone should go read the winning entries because they're pretty amazing and one was submitted by a proclaimed non-writer.
Update: This is our award! Hilarious. Nice work Suzanne.
3. Some guy named Gorilla Bananas stopped by and said he could get us Pacey's e-mail address and then disappeared. The sheer randomness of this pleases me on so many levels. Come back Bananas, come back!
2. Our writing friends are doing all kinds of amazing things. Full requests, sending super stellar revisions off to super stellar agents, editing books that are about to go on sub and polishing up sequels to books that are about to be HUGE best sellers. I can't believe how many amazing people we've met over the past year. It makes my heart happy.
1. We have no idea how this happened (our best guess is the amazing Major Agent), but we got an ARC of HUSH,HUSH in the mail yesterday and I have to say, it's even prettier in person.
This book is going to be huge. HUGE. It's being touted as the next Twilight and Becca is one of the coolest people on the planet. We fully plan on bragging to anyone who will listen that she's our agent mate and friend the very second she hits the best seller list.
If you haven't seen all of the buzz about the book I urge you to click here, here and here. I'm already 100 pages in and it's all kinds of awesome. I'm thinking we might need to hold a little contest once Laura and I have devoured the book to send this coveted ARC to one lucky reader. It's that good.
After a day like Monday, Tuesday is bound to be a train wreck. I'm already making the appropriate mental preparations.