Friday, January 9, 2009

Are you hooked? (again)

Ok, some of you might have seen this posted a couple days ago, but Laura made me take it down because she had some edits. Yeah, she's just a perfectionist like that. I guess you could call me more...um...impulsive.

Anyways, you may remember that we posted the first 250 words of The North Shore a while back, so now that we're about one-third of the way into Gmail we thought it was only fair to give our loyal readers a sneak peek.

***

To: AvaW1993@gmail.com
Sent: Thu 8/18/08 11:11 PM
From: K8Lowry@gmail.com
Subject: where are you?

I hate this. I hate losing you. I hate that we had that huge fight the night before you left. I hate not knowing where you are or if you’re even alive. And it feels like no one even cares anymore – they all think you’re dead.

Sometimes I even hate you. Well, I want to hate you, but I can’t. I feel like I’m writing you the same e-mail over and over again. Where are you?

Maddie still won’t speak to me. She follows Taylor Wright around like some kind of emaciated puppy. The two of them look like soulless American Girl dolls, J.Crew edition.

I miss you. It sucks starting another year without you.
Kate



To: K8Lowry@gmail.com
Sent: Thu 8/18/08 11:59 PM
From: AvaW1993@gmail.com
Subject: Re: where are you?

I’m here…
sort of.
I know what everyone is saying.
My parents had nothing to do with this.
Find Christian.
I shouldn’t be writing.
Don’t tell.
I miss you.

***

So...what do you think? Are you hooked? Do you want to read more?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

TELL ME MORE TELL ME MORE!!!! I can't wait till I get published and I can read the whole thing! GOOD JOB!

lisa and laura said...

Hoorah!

Tara said...

I'm so hooked. My mind is already racing about where the story line might be going and I love the mystery aspect!

casiecook said...

WHO'S CHRISTIAN!!!!!??????

Don't call this a comeback

So it’s been a minute. Or 10. Or truthfully more like 2,102,400. At least we think that’s how many minutes there are in 3 years, but let...