Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Our first rejection...

We sent our first round of queries tonight and it was the most amazing, nerve-wracking feeling you can possibly imagine. I actually made Laura hit the send button because I couldn't do it myself. But after it's all said and done, I know that we've written the best book we could possibly write, and I believe in our book and I believe in all of the people who have helped us along the way. So, whatever the outcome may be, I think I'm kinda, sorta ready for it.

And it's a good thing I am because not 2 minutes after we sent our queries we got our first rejection!! Talk about a buzz kill! The agent said that it just wasn't right for her (and after looking at her website again, it wasn't). Regardless, here's to hoping that there's an agent out there who is right for our book because I think it's pretty special...not that I'm biased or anything.

Keep your fingers crossed for us...

No comments:

Don't call this a comeback

So it’s been a minute. Or 10. Or truthfully more like 2,102,400. At least we think that’s how many minutes there are in 3 years, but let...