Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day Heaven



I have to say (and I hope I'm not tempting fate here) that today has been a fabulous day so far. It all started with a dream that Pacey Whitter (aka Joshua Jackson) was my boyfriend. He was super smart and prickly sort of like every single character he's ever played, turns out my subconscious is not all that creative. Anyways, we had just started dating and were getting in fights all the time, but he kept trying to win me back. It was one of those uber realistic dreams, so I now sort of feel like we have actually dated. Anyways, I'm pleased to report that Pacey is just as gorgeous and funny in real life as he is on TV. Dreamy.

Unfortunately, my dreams were crushed when I was woken up by Jack who was completely naked and required help getting dressed. Talk about a buzzkill. However, he didn't wake up until 7:30 and that's sleeping in around here, so I couldn't be too annoyed.

Next at 9:15 I placed my vote at a local middle school. I didn't have to wait in line, the volunteers were extremely helpful and it was all very easy. It was funny though this is the first time I've ever had a nervous stomach when I was voting. I just want to see Obama win so badly, and I was a little nervous that I'd accidentally vote incorrectly or something. It was a little scary to see my ballot eaten up by the electronic scanner thing, so let's hope Ohio comes through and doesn't screw up the tallying. Our system here is totally antiquated and I'm sure there will be some sort of issue. We'll see...

Finally, on a whim I ran to the store to look for a pair of black riding boots and I found the perfect pair in 10 minutes! I was even home with time to spare for my 11 am conference call. So really, a fantastic day so far. Pacey Whitter, sleeping-in, hassle free voting and a new pair of fabulous boots.

Now I'm just waiting for my cell phone to ring with an enthusiastic agent on the line...

No comments:

Don't call this a comeback

So it’s been a minute. Or 10. Or truthfully more like 2,102,400. At least we think that’s how many minutes there are in 3 years, but let...