Tuesday, November 25, 2008

All I need is a miracle...

Not much to report aside from the fact that I just started our Christmas Miracle short story. The Knight Agency recently posted this call for submissions, and we have a fabulous story idea, if I don't say so myself. And no, it does not involve two sisters getting an agent for their fantastic debut novel on Christmas morning. In spite of the depressing state of the publishing industry, I still don't think that would qualify as a miracle, ok?

Honestly, it feels good to write something new. As much as I love The North Shore after all of these edits, I'm ready for a little break. Anyways, the deadline for submissions is December 24th (totally appropriate, no?), so we feel like this is the perfect holiday project. The best part is that it's going to get us warmed up for starting on our second book in January.

We still haven't definitively decided what we're going to write next (umm...hello? agents? any guidance would be appreciated...), but we have a few exciting ideas percolating. Not sure how much we'll be sharing via our riveting blog, but I'm sure our loyal readers will hear bits and pieces as we go.

Oh and for the record, it appears that I'm literally incapable of going to bed before 1 AM. I seriously don't know what's wrong with me.

No comments:

Don't call this a comeback

So it’s been a minute. Or 10. Or truthfully more like 2,102,400. At least we think that’s how many minutes there are in 3 years, but let...