Thursday, April 2, 2009

Payback is a bitch...

Quite a few interesting things happened over the past couple of days to lead me to this particular post. Here's a little timeline for you.


4/1/09 10:32 AM: I needed to take my laptop over to Laura's house, so I had to dig up my old laptop bag.


4/1/09 1:45 PM: When I was at Laura's I finished critiquing the first 50 pages of an MS, but I couldn't access the interwebs, so I had to transfer it onto Laura's computer. Remarkably, in my old laptop bag there was one of those fancy little jump drives, so I plugged it in to transfer the file.


4/1/09 1:47 PM: Somehow every single one of our old family pictures was on this drive. I didn't think much of it at the time, but made a mental note, I'm just wily like that.

4/2/09 1:23 PM - 8:57 PM: I actually finished all of my work during the day, caught up on all my TiVo'd shows and forgot to tape The Office and 30 Rock (damn!).


4/2/09 8:59 PM: I'm supposed to be revising, but I'm procrastinating. I'm sending my edits on the first 50 to Laura tomorrow so I've got tons of time to meet my deadline...ha!

4/2/09 9:55 PM: To pass the time I decided to set-up a Twitter account for Laura and I because, you know, we don't have enough stupid ways to suck up time on the computer. Oh and also I wanted to post something about the season finale of Damages. SO good and I felt stupid blogging about it because I always blog about TV and pretty soon people are going to start thinking I have no life. That sound you hear is all of the readers of this lame blog laughing their asses off.

4/2/09 10:07 PM: That lead me to searching a picture for our profile and because I'm lazy I thought maybe I'd just cut and paste the blog profile pic, but then I remembered my little lap top bag sitting right next to me with the gold mine of family photos.


4/2/09 10:09 PM: I start paging through the pics to find something fun for our Twitter profile and find a couple of cute pics. Nice.


4/2/09 10:20 PM: I stumble across some older, more awkward pics of us. And then finally strike gold with this picture of Laura.


Now some of you may not remember this, but Laura posted a pretty unfortunate picture of me all decked out Indecent Proposal style, so she really had this coming.


In case one of you mistakes this pic as something out of the Joy Book on Big Love, let me please correct you. If I remember correctly this is actually a little snapshot that Laura was planning on using to break into the modeling business.

Ah yes, at 5'3 we all thought she was destined for a career in modeling. And really, with fashion sense like that, how could they ever turn her down? She looks more like she's interviewing to be a substitute teacher, but nothing a couple weeks on America's Next Top Model couldn't fix.

Now I have to admit, that I totally thought she was going to make it, I mean she was cute and skinny, what more does a model need? The really sad thing is that my parents sort of bought it too and my dad took this picture in preparation of one of those model recruiting things they do at the Holiday Inn. Fancy!


Now the best part of this whole situation is that I'm sitting on a virtual hot bed of humiliating pictures from every stage of our life. Good. Times.

Tonight was pretty much my perfect storm of procrastination. Enjoy!

13 comments:

Little Ms J said...

Nicely done. My lovely little sister recently posted drunk pictures of me on Facebook. I couldn't even comment them because they'd keep floating to the top.

Anonymous said...

Your entries make me laugh! I have a sister one year older and she would totally do something like this only she makes sure to truly embaress me! Sisterhood is funny like that isn't it? Oh and also thanks for the encouragement on my last dilemma for the whole YA thing made me feel even better :)

Sara Raasch said...

Haha, oh my...I did one of those Holiday Inn modeling things too. Got a contract and everything. Never did any pictures though, but it's a little known fact that I used to be an "agented model." And if I can become an agented model, I can become an agented author, right? Right.

casiecook said...

Laura forgot to mention to her friends at the time that she was pursuing a modeling career. Too bad - I would have the been the first person in line at the Holiday Inn to cheer her on!

PurpleClover said...

muwahahahaha! So funny. But I totally understand the whole need for payback. It's just something sisters must do.

lisa and laura said...

The problem with payback is now I have to get you back for posting this embarrassing little pic. But more embarrassing is the description beneath it. As I read your post, I kept praying that you wouldn't mention my modeling aspirations. And then, there it was! But I guess it could have been worse--I could have been sexting or something. But something tells me those pics wouldn't end up on the blog...hopefully! So, my dear sister, payback-back is the true bitch. Just wait for it...

Elana Johnson said...

This is great! What a cute picture!

Katie Anderson said...

Oh y'all are cracking me up! And I love the added bonus of having JJ and Clover write in. What did Lila ever decide their "Brangelina" name should be??

I love that your sweet daddy took this gorgeous pic for the interview at the Holiday Inn. haha

Little Ms J said...

What is "sexting"? I must know.

lisa and laura said...

It's terrible--I've seen a few Datelines about it--can't get enough Dateline--but it's when girls send topless/naked pictures of themselves to their boyfriends/friends. And then inevitably the pictures travel around the entire school. Note to self, never let daughter have phone with camera.

Sherrie Petersen said...

Oh, the joys of having a sibling to publicly embarrass :^)

Shelli (srjohannes) said...

Boy that is not a bad pic - you should see some of mine!

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

Don't call this a comeback

So it’s been a minute. Or 10. Or truthfully more like 2,102,400. At least we think that’s how many minutes there are in 3 years, but let...