I'd just like to go on record as saying that Laura and I have never won anything in our entire life. Well, that's not entirely true, Laura was homecoming queen and I...well, maybe I should have said that I've never won anything in my entire life.
Anyways, in the past week we've received two awards for our blog! We're so honored and want to thank Elana and Sara for awarding the blog that is made of random. It means a lot to us both.
Well, probably more to me since I wasn't homecoming queen and all that, but I'm sure Laura is really grateful too. Do you know that she sometimes writes in her tiara?
So...now we get to award 8 of our favorite blogs. Good times!
1. Little Ms J (If you've noticed a big uptick in Cleveland hits it's probably because my entire family now follows your blog. My mom will totally make you home-made spaghetti if you ever come to Cleveland.)
2. Plot This (You never know what you might find over here. Some days it's extracting poop from animals, others it's meeting John Green and Judy Bloom.)
3. Market My Words (So much great information about how to market yourself in the publishing world.)
4. Becca Fitzpatrick (Becca's blog is pretty much writer-porn for us because she's about 10 steps ahead of us in the publication process and gets to do all sorts of glamorous things like meet her editor in NYC and discuss cover art for her book. If she wasn't so nice we'd totally hate her.)
5. The Road to Publication (More writer porn. Kimberly's book is coming out in March 2010 and her blog is hilarious. Plus she claims to have a 22-year-old daughter and looks about 25, so we're pretty much convinced she has some sort of deal with the devil and we want in.)
6. Pop Culture Junkie (I'm sure Alea has a ton of these awards, but her blog is just too fantastic not to recognize. So many book reviews. She's single-handedly doubled my monthly Amazon bill.)
7. Purple Clover (She's hilarious, an aspiring writer and a mom. Oh and she's Little Ms J's sister. Sometimes they fight in the comments section just like Laura and me. It's fantastic. Seriously.)
8. Tara Maya's Tales (Tons of info and writerly discussion on Tara's blog. Definitely a good one to follow if you're trying to crank out a book.)
Ok, so technically we're giving you guys two awards and you're supposed to pass them along to 8 other bloggers. I'm sure it's against the rules to do two at once, but we're rebels like that.
Happy blogging everyone!