Thursday, April 2, 2009

Let the edits begin!



I'm sitting here with our previously final manuscript up in a word document and pages of editorial notes that Laura and I wrote out for our revisions and I just can't bring myself to get started.

This must be what a surgeon feels like right before they're forced to operate on their child.

Mostly I'm hoping that I don't do any irreparable damage. And it sure would be nice if our edits actually fixed some of the problems Major Agent* pointed out.

Guess it's time for me to start hacking away...wish us luck!


*Please note I've decided to start referring to our agent as Major Agent, and Major should be said with your best Victoria Beckham accent.

5 comments:

Kimberly Derting said...

Have you tried using Track Changes to do your edits...somehow it makes the changes seem less permanent since you can still see everything the old way too. It makes it easier for me to start the "hacking" process.

Oh, and I LOVE your visual...it's exactly how I feel when I start chopping at a manuscript!

Tara Maya said...

Surgery. Good analogy.

Samantha said...

You can do it! Just don't drop the scalpel!

Elana Johnson said...

Dude, that picture is perfect for the editing stage. Absolutely perfect. And you guys are pros. Good luck!

Sara Raasch said...

Do they really let doctors operate on their own children?

But you'll do great! When I get nervous about "destroying" my MS, I save a copy of the original in a separate file, just in case I want to go back and stick with what I had. Better to be safe :)

Don't call this a comeback

So it’s been a minute. Or 10. Or truthfully more like 2,102,400. At least we think that’s how many minutes there are in 3 years, but let...