Monday, April 13, 2009

When the baby has a baby...



So, it's little known fact that Laura and I actually have a younger sister who is far more talented than the two of us combined. Stacey is an artist/interior designer/photographer and has always been my parent's favorite. (As evidenced by the above picture where she is the only sister to have escaped the dreaded matching pink sweater vests/white turtleneck combo. Well played, Stacey. Well played.)

She could do no wrong. When Stacey started swimming my parents were convinced she was an Olympic hopeful. When she played piano they were astounded by her ability to play things by ear (they were probably planning on sending the above picture to Star Search or something). And when she started playing tennis it was clear that she could have been the best player out of their 3 daughters, if only she would have applied herself.

Yeah, we heard the "If Stacey just would have tried harder we know she'd have [gone to Harvard on a swimming scholarship/attended Julliard/played tennis at Wimbledon.]"



Stacey was always the angel and Laura and I have spent much of our lives consumed with jealousy for her. (And yes, I was dressed as Punky Brewster in the above pic. She was just really spunky, ok? And please note that is the SAME pink sweater vest as the earlier pic. Turns out that thing came in handy around all hallow's eve.) The truth is Stacey is adorable and probably the nicest, kindest, most generous person on the planet, and for that we hated her. Could we be more bitter?

Thankfully, we got over our inadequacies a long time ago and we were SO excited when Stacey and her hubby announced that they were expecting this Spring. Although, this announcement inevitably lead to more and more favoritism from my parents. My favorite line, courtesy of my mom (aka The Regulator), "Stacey is just such a happy pregnant person. She never complains. She's just really good at being pregnant...not like you." Ouch.

And today, the most fabulous pregnant woman in the world gave birth to the most perfect baby boy on the planet.



Welcome William Michael!

We're so excited that you're part of the craziness that is the Roecker clan. I'm sure you'll probably walk and talk before Lydia and the chances are pretty good that you'll be riding a bike before Jack. And knowing your grandparents we'll be hearing ALL about it.

11 comments:

Eva said...

What a sweet face! Congratulations on the new addition to your family!

Sherrie Petersen said...

He's beautiful! Amazing how the babies in the family always manage to do everything the best :^)

Joanna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sara Raasch said...

Awe, baby! So adorable :)

Alea said...

Awwwww! So dear!

Tara said...

What great pictures in this post. I totally agree that they babies of the family do everything better!

Welcome Baby Will! So happy for Erik and Stacey!

Samantha said...

The baby is beautiful...

but I'm laughing that you were dressed up as Punky Brewster.

Punky Power!

Little Ms J said...

Beautiful little guy!

Love the Punky Brewster get up. I knew who you were as soon as I saw your pant leg.

Joanna said...

Hahaha...I said little sis' little girl--I'm an ass! There was just so much girl stuff in that post, I was thrown off. Clearly he's a handsome young man already.

Wow...please don't ever tell him about my mix up when he's older. I don't want to give him a complex. And don't tell your sister! I don't want to be glancing over my shoulder for the rest of my days...

lisa and laura said...

Thanks everyone! Will and his mom are doing great and will be home tomorrow. We're so excited!!

Tara - Why am I not surprised that you're siding with the baby of the family?

Sam and LMJ - Such a relief that someone got my Punky Power. I was so proud of that costume, you guys have no idea.

Joanna - Gosh, we're so offended that you thought our nephew was a girl - I mean how could you not tell? HA! They sort of all look alike at this age, right? And you'd better believe that we'll be breaking out this story on his 13th birthday. That's just how we roll.

Anonymous said...

Hey guys i am soooo excited to meet will!!! i sat girl movie night at some ones home so every one can be there???? maybe let me no!?!?!?!?!

Don't call this a comeback

So it’s been a minute. Or 10. Or truthfully more like 2,102,400. At least we think that’s how many minutes there are in 3 years, but let...