Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I am the worst mom in the world...

For a couple reasons. First of all, Lydia had prunes for the first time yesterday. The doctor suggested feeding them to her every so often to cleanse her little system. They looked like tar, but she loved every last bit of the container. So when Lydia awoke (as usual) at 3 a.m., I went in (as usual) and popped her pacifier back in. When at 4 a.m., she was still playing around in her crib, I went in again and flipped her onto her back, thinking it was a little strange that she hadn't fallen back asleep. No, the prunes did not ring any bells. 5 a.m. rolled around, and still Lydia was playing in her crib, again on her belly. Maybe she's not tired? Oh no, no, no. At 6:30 a.m., a reasonable wake up time, I went in to change her. Poor Lydia had the dirtiest diaper of her life. I won't go into very much more detail (as I'm sure you all have imaginations of your own), but if I were Lydia, I would have been playing on my stomach as well. In fact, I'm not sure I would have been playing at all, but rather SCREAMING to have someone, anyone change me. Damn prunes.

No comments:

Don't call this a comeback

So it’s been a minute. Or 10. Or truthfully more like 2,102,400. At least we think that’s how many minutes there are in 3 years, but let...