Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Rejection sucks.

Being rejected is hard work. I don't care how many times I am reminded that agents are busy and can only take on so many clients via form rejection letters. They still don't want our book. I feel like I am back in English class senior year when my teacher held a poetry contest. I thought I had written the winning poem. It was amazing. Looking back the depressing verses were probably about my broken heart or some other equally embarrassing topic and I should have been prepared for the loss. It might have even rhymed (yes, I wrote Mary's poem in the White Party chapter). But still, when I saw my copy of the poem without a single teacher comment written on the paper, I was let down. It felt like he hadn't even read it. It hurts now just thinking of it :) I didn't have thick skin then and I don't have thick skin now. Rejection sucks.

No comments:

Don't call this a comeback

So it’s been a minute. Or 10. Or truthfully more like 2,102,400. At least we think that’s how many minutes there are in 3 years, but let...